Defne is a leading global provider of telecom solutions, software products, and services for communications networks. Defne offers innovative call completion and management, messaging, and notification, roaming, and digital services solutions. With over 25 service providers across 20 countries and 500 million subscribers, Defne is driving revenue growth and increasing customer loyalty. Their expertise in 5G, IN, IVR, and messaging combined with a wealth of skilled resources, allows Defne to provide reliable and scalable solutions that integrate with existing customer infrastructure. Defne is headquartered in Istanbul, Turkey.
This is a full-time hybrid role for a Product Design Engineer located in Sariyer, Istanbul with flexibility for remote work. As a Product Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing new products from conception to final production. Your duties will include working with cross-functional teams to develop solution concepts, creating mockups, assisting development processes, and testing and validating prototypes. You will also be responsible for content creation for Defne’s marketing activities.
What we offer you:
· You will have a dedicated mentor that draws you on a deliberate growth path by strengthening your personal skillset and strategic thinking
· You will work with a senior buddy that always ready to give a hand to ensure you deliver the expected outputs.
· Interaction with a worldwide community
· You will have an opportunity to experience end-to-end product launch and marketing activities.
· Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
· Analyze consumer needs, and current market trends by interacting with the worldwide community.
· Assess current competitor offerings, seeking opportunities for differentiation
· Analyze product requirements and develop appropriate programs to ensure they’re successfully achieved
· Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple departments
· Appraise new product ideas and strategize appropriate to-market plans
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
· Drive the execution of all product lifecycle processes for products, including product research, market research, competitive analysis, planning, positioning, roadmap development, requirements development, testing, and product launch
· Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and final product development by engineering teams
· Create product documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical details, and user manuals.
· Design and translate business requirements into a form that includes low-level process flows of microservices.
· Collaborate closely with the R&D team on the development, QA, and release of products and balance of resources to ensure success for the entire organization
· Managing the projects that include the candidate’s product portfolio.
· Respond to RFx’s and update product strategy according to the information gathered from RFx’s.
· Actively engage in the testing of the developed modules.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Electric/Electronic Engineering from the top universities in Türkiye (Boğaziçi, İTÜ, YTÜ)
· Fresh graduates or senior-year students are welcome.
· Strong analytical skills
· Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
· Highly effective cross-functional team management
· Exceptional English writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills